• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Transfer punch Mandrel.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Ah, that explains everything Brian, I thought you were making centre bands.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
And here is the finished pen but don't do what I did and grab the pliers to fit the parts, you can see where I gripped it just above the nib.
Bloody thing is I know better because I have done it before, how stupid can a person be init?
I stand before my fellow turner awaiting the ridicule that will surely follow init?
All because I was too lazy to walk no more than a few steps.
The wood is one Eamonn kindly sent me Axe head Vanuatu wood, he will probably tell me that is the only piece in the country now irreplaceable and I have cocked it up init?
Finished with cellulose spray cos that was another cock up, Do not apply ca on wet meths in the sunshine I had an instant hard crust of pure white plastic covering the whole damn thing which had to be turned off.

P1080249.JPG

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I like the pen with more meat on it Brian its a very worthy exercise and you've certainly got a nice shine on it. I thought you were going to make your own centre band to and think that the one like on the concava would look very nice on this.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I was gonna slip my own belt on it Paul But it totally went out of my head until it came to putting it together and I didn't have one.
I racked through my spares box and found this one which meant returning the bottom half to the lathe so I could shamfer it to meet the belt.
This one has gone pear shaped all the way through init?

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I was gonna slip my own belt on it Paul But it totally went out of my head until it came to putting it together and I didn't have one.
I racked through my spares box and found this one which meant returning the bottom half to the lathe so I could shamfer it to meet the belt.
This one has gone pear shaped all the way through init?

Well its not a total loss Brian because there were several lessons learned and I thank you for showing it warts 'n all.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).