• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Triton Angel Wings

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
This is a Triton in gold with chrome accents. The blank is a Color Swirl called Angel Wings from Beartooth Woods. A friend of mine likes opal. When I searched for an opal blank, this is one that came up. I reverse painted the blank, painted the tubes, and colored the epoxy all with black. I was surprised at how well the black brought out the colors. Ended up being a very pretty pen.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well the black sure did bring about a complete transformation of that blank well done love it

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
The first blank I tried was called Opal Swirl. I really messed it up. First, I painted the tubes and colored the epoxy with silver, which really washed out the color. I also epoxied the tubes in before the paint was completely set. And finally, I got a hair stuck inside one of the blanks. I've never had that happen before. So I turned the $8 off the tubes (expensive mistake) and started over with the Angel Wings blank.

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
That pen looks fabulous Jim, it's a pity about the other blank, couldawouldashouda. :thumbs::thumbs:

angelo49

Registered
First Name
Angelo
Beautifully done pen Jim**:thumbs::thumbs:
Amazing how that blank became that pen!!
Terry, you're not alone. Most times, when I'm half way
thru turning, I realize that I didn't paint the tube/blank.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).