• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Two days work

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Ok guys don't laugh but I have had two days in the shed and managed to produce something at last well part of a set of roobars (Mark and Peter know what they are).And I still have three more to make and then cut the 4 uprights to complete it.
It does not look much but it is a beginning to getting some work done and even on the road to turning a bowl or something like that. I have also cristened my new smock and resperator. OK you can laugh at that one I am still bent over a bit which you can't see in the picture but am getting to close to being stood fully up right.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 71

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
It's good that your having some shed time Derek, that Owl thinks your the green cross code man from the back. :thinks:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Progress is a wonderful thing Derek, great to move around freely now. Pics of Roo Bars when you have finished mate. Where do you find Roos over there. Here we have a preponderance of them with the greatest percentage of strikes in Australia.

Peter

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Progress is a wonderful thing Derek, great to move around freely now. Pics of Roo Bars when you have finished mate. Where do you find Roos over there. Here we have a preponderance of them with the greatest percentage of strikes in Australia.

Peter

I am making a wooden model of one of your aussie prime movers so will show it once it is complete which is getting closer as I had done most of it before being laid up just all the little detail that needs making now.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Ok guys don't laugh but I have had two days in the shed and managed to produce something at last well part of a set of roobars (Mark and Peter know what they are)

Roo bars are for southern sissy's, The tough northerners up here have Bull bars up here :ciggrin::devil::devil:

Adult bulls may weigh between 500 and 1,000 kilograms.
Look forwards to seeing the prime mover finished, are you going to make a road train?

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Look forwards to seeing the prime mover finished, are you going to make a road train?

Not a full road train just the mover.

Here is a quick preveiw of how far I have got.

Attachments

• DSCF7132.jpg
    DSCF7132.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF7128.jpg
    DSCF7128.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 36

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Nice to see you have got back in front of the lathe, Derek!

Nothing today MRI scan this morning and then waiting in this afternoon for some one to drop off three large sacks of Panga Panga Ideal fo hundreds of pen blanks or even segmented work as well as using it for high light parts for things like the prime mover above.

Thanks for the explanation and pictures Derek great to have fun making other things, great therapy.

Peter.

Your welcome Peter I hope it looks like one of the prime movers you have down there

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Nothing today MRI scan this morning and then waiting in this afternoon for some one to drop off three large sacks of Panga Panga Ideal fo hundreds of pen blanks or even segmented work as well as using it for high light parts for things like the prime mover above.

Your welcome Peter I hope it looks like one of the prime movers you have down there

On our long trip today with the Vietnam Vets and wives I saw prime ,overs like yours mate.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).