• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Two Omego's

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
You'll have to let us know what craft fair your going to mate, because that's some serious stock your putting together. Two more little stunners matey, that bog oak is very nice indeed :love_it::love_it:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
You'll have to let us know what craft fair your going to mate, because that's some serious stock your putting together. Two more little stunners matey, that bog oak is very nice indeed :love_it::love_it:

Thanks Mark,

The first small fairs I had done since 2014 was on the lead up to Christmas 2021. I had some great sales and many a follow up commission jobs as well. So I need to stock up again from that and as it’s two in close succession I need to make sure I have the stock as a “just in case” but knowing my luck I will sell bugger all and be left holding the baby :rolling:

The only reason I did the fairs was I had accumulated a bit of stock over lockdown and my usual corporate customers had dried up quite a bit, two of the companies just dried up. Now they are coming back on line so the presentation sets are doing well again but had already committed to these stalls before Christmas. They are only by invite and local villages where there is a little bit of disposable income.
Even if I don’t sell the stall is priced right and TBH better than paying for advertising if I needed too anyway. Just about being known in the local area.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Interesting how the selling system varies in the Uk,I have kept out of selling because of the time factor needed to fulfill appointments, Like these two pens for your back up.
:thumbs:

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
Bloody Nora Zimmer frame to one side and wollap he doze it again

Geoff Kent

Graduate Member
First Name
GEOFF
Cracking pens Eamonn.Never made an Omega,really should try a couple.
Did my first craft fair for this year a couple of weeks ago.Plenty of footfall but people were keeping their hands in their pockets,sign of the times I expect.Did ok though,costs covered and a few quid made.I don't know if you have noticed Eamonn, but there really seems to be a swing towards fountain pens these days.Customers I have spoken to have started writing letters rather than pinging off emails.Hope it continues!:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).