• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Two weeks to go to York!

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Okay, I've increased the quota of comfy chairs!
Can't have one for everybody though, they take up a lot of room and I can't fit 30 in, even if I could find that many!

The official entrance will be through the Sports reception area.
Park in the car park and head for the door in the Building with "Sports centre" in bloody big letters on it.
For anybody Bringing loads of stuff, or who can't walk far...
Follow the in road and bear left after the speed hump, ignore the car park and head straight for the green metal gates to the left hand side of the sports centre. If you're really lucky I will have remembered to open them:devil:

Once through the gates look for an open grey door on the right. there is enough space for about 10 cars to park near there. This is the delivery entrance into the DT prep room. Go through the door to your left and follow the signs.
It's not the most direct route but due to the layout of the room the demonstration lathe may partially block the other door.
Sorry to do the legal thing again, but the prep room is designated as a restricted area so I have to say that you use this entrance at your own risk. There is nothing in there that we all don't use day to day, and the room will be powered down, but the education authority are quite strict on this.
I will be there from approx 8.30 on the day to open up and you are most welcome to turn up from that time.
I've nearly got enough in place now to stop worrying and look forward to it!
It will be great to see some of you again, and put faces to names of others.
Here's to a fantastic day!
Regards,
Neil

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Hey man you're doing a grand job init?
I hope the school appreciate the effort you putting in.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
wish i could have donated but delivery costs etc

Steve

Please don't worry Steve.
I don't wish any one to feel pressured into donating!
This event can only go ahead due to the existence of this forum and the generosity of its members.
There are people coming from elsewhere but it wouldn't be possible without the people on here!
I've been a bit short before and received kits from several members FOC purely because I said I hadn't made one before!
Jim and Buckeye (Peter) deserve a special mention.:pray:
All you guys are Brill!

When the madness of the 16th is over, may have to look into getting a petition together.
Shed Hermit OBE does have a certain ring to it!:kiss:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Or "Shed widow OBE" for your better half :wink:

Not far off there Chas!
It's a significant birthday for Alison on the Tuesday (12th) before the do.
She is insistent that we celebrate this after the 16th so she can concentrate on making the Saturday a great success!

Goulss

Registered
First Name
Stewart
Still really gutted I can't make the day :sadmo: you guys are going to have a great time:banana: really hope this becomes an annual event, love the passes, just genius.

Had a peak at the auction and got my eye on a few bits:whistling: good fun doing guess the maker:bwink:

Can't work out how to get logged into the live auction, but I am sure all will be revealed in the fullness of time:thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Still really gutted I can't make the day :sadmo: you guys are going to have a great time:banana: really hope this becomes an annual event, love the passes, just genius.

Had a peak at the auction and got my eye on a few bits:whistling: good fun doing guess the maker:bwink:

Can't work out how to get logged into the live auction, but I am sure all will be revealed in the fullness of time:thumbs:

You have to be registered Gouls

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).