• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

UK & Ireland Woodturning Symposium

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Well, it's 15 minutes away from me, so it would be silly of me not to register interest at least, which I have just done.

If it does work out OK it would be great if we can organise a meetup.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Early bird tickets are £10 per day, plus £1 fee, if you register and buy before the 11th.
After that, they are £15 per day.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
:thinks:

May be worth a visit, just don't book my life up that far in advance. Would be nice to get be able to plan next weekend and it actually plans out to be what I planned.:vangry:

I like this sort of meet (why do we have to follow the yanks with a name such as symposium) and get together, over the years I have seen many new suppliers that are just starting out and need the exposure of such an event.

So I don't follow grumps cynicism, even when I read this yesterday and my sciatica was giving me crap I just switched off and waiting until I felt more inclined to give a sensible reply. But that doesn't always happen..:face:

To be honest they need to make a better saving for the advance booking as £4 saving is only a pen kit.

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Gordon Bennett, are we all suffering on here, me with my kidney stones, Grumps with his cellulite, Eamonn with his sciatica et al. Oh to be fit and healthy for all. Ah well Brian there's always Jeremy Kyle.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
WE keep a diary next to the phone really special to enter forthcoming events ahead of time then weaving our time sharing confirming activities with the diary, room to plan and or change noo fuss.

Peter.

Bob Ellis

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Just consulted my diary with a view to booking a place on this symposium - only to discover that I am due to be playing some music in central France that weekend. Quel dommage!

First Name
Dan
How about splitting it between a few people? I would be happy to do a few hours or a half day maybe but wouldn't want to spend the whole weekend demonstrating.
I was thinking just that Walter. CA finishing, closed end, acrylics, hybrids etc. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
How about splitting it between a few people? I would be happy to do a few hours or a half day maybe but wouldn't want to spend the whole weekend demonstrating.

That sounds like a great idea Walter :thumbs:

I was thinking just that Walter. CA finishing, closed end, acrylics, hybrids etc. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Theres some good ideas coming out :thumbs:

Adi61

Apprentice Member
First Name
Adrian
Being new to turning I have learnt a lot from YouTube especially from two of the organizers of this show Mike Waldt & Martin Saben-Smith. To see their enthusiasm and developing skills has been instrumental in my own journey. I will be going with the hope of meeting them as well hopefully many of you.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).