• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

UK kit suppliers - Sierra Vistas?

rtyuiop

Apprentice Member
First Name
Danny
Hi folks,

I'm a newbie pen turner down in Brisbane, Australia. Sierra Vista kits are one of my favourites (got some second hand from fellow Aussie), but nobody sells them down here, and bringing them in from the US is seriously expensive with the current exchange rate.

I thought buying some from the UK might work out cheaper, but so far I haven't been able to find a supplier who sells them - does anyone know of a UK source?

Cheers,

Danny

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I just looked at the Sierra Vista from a US supplier and it doesn't look any different to the Sierras from Rizheng, they would probably be the best place to get them from or at least look at them to see if they are the same.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Sierra then other names a small minefield to negotiate you are well situated in Brisbane with a few efficient dealers around you. Welcome from Canberra Danny.

Peter.

rtyuiop

Apprentice Member
First Name
Danny
Thanks for the welcomes, folks.

Buckeye - I think the Rizheng sierras are all the standard sierra size, aren't they? The vistas are slightly thicker (gives more thickness for castings or tricky wood blanks), and are slightly tapered, with one bushing a smidge smaller than the other.

Peter, yeah, we are lucky to have some great suppliers around here - just a shame nobody seems to stock this particular kit!

Cheers,

Danny

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter

Buckeye - I think the Rizheng sierras are all the standard sierra size, aren't they? The vistas are slightly thicker (gives more thickness for castings or tricky wood blanks), and are slightly tapered, with one bushing a smidge smaller than the other.

Danny

You may be right, they just look the same though, but maybe tubes are different.

Peter

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
G'Day Danny

Welcome to the forum from the Cold, wet Tennant in the centre of Aust.

You will find it is cheaper to buy from the US, don't know about Rizheng.

The Wall Street is basically the same pen as the Serria and the Wall Street 2 or 3 is the vista copy.

Cheers,
Mark.

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Hi folks,

I'm a newbie pen turner down in Brisbane, Australia. Sierra Vista kits are one of my favourites (got some second hand from fellow Aussie), but nobody sells them down here, and bringing them in from the US is seriously expensive with the current exchange rate.

I thought buying some from the UK might work out cheaper, but so far I haven't been able to find a supplier who sells them - does anyone know of a UK source?

Cheers,

Danny

I just looked at the Sierra Vista from a US supplier and it doesn't look any different to the Sierras from Rizheng, they would probably be the best place to get them from or at least look at them to see if they are the same.

Peter

Peter, yeah, we are lucky to have some great suppliers around here - just a shame nobody seems to stock this particular kit!

Cheers,

Danny

The centreband says that the Vista is anything but Rizheng. In fact it shouts Berea and I think you may find that it's a kit that Berea make specially for Arizona Silhouette, in which case, the answer is going to be no, you'll have to get them from the USA if you'd like some more.

rtyuiop

Apprentice Member
First Name
Danny
Yeah, looks like all the assorted vista-like models (with a little checking I think, but am not sure, the full list of names is Sierra Vista, Gatsby Grande, and Wall Street III?) are not all that widely available. Oh well. Guess I need to work out if it's worth buying a big batch from the US :(.

Thanks to all who chimed in on this!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).