• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Vacuum chamber lid shattered!!!

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Controls temp, timing of the cooking stage two models sold by Curtis. Called an oven tamer and the next model precision oven tamer allows longer oven time at lower temps plus or minus one degree accuracy, 120 -140 US fully made by him etc on Curtis site.

Peter.

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Still a way to go, as I have only one lid at the moment & having to use nuts & bolts as weights, because my CNC Machine is now out of commission until I have the parts to replace the cables on that! if it's not one thing breaking down with me it's another :-(
But at least I can get back to some stabilising, albeit with a bit of a Heath Robinson vacuum chamber at the moment:banana:

View attachment 31901

No more weighting the blanks down with nuts & bolts! I've even made one for smaller stuff like coffee beans etc :banana:

IMG_5105.jpg

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).