• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Victorian Olive

johnny5

Registered
Well, true, its not everybodys taste, in fact it's not to many peoples taste, but to those it is, I trust they will enjoy it. The Olive wood is lovely and although it has been round the Bethlehem ring road probably originated in Southern Italy as it is forbidden to fell Olive trees in the so called "Holy land".

Im a bit of a minimalist so selling this one to me would be a bit of an uphill struggle, it looks a weighty beast and I think this perception puts me off more than anything. It would certainly be a talking piece.

Ive not used the craft coat, whats it like? how long does it take to cure and can you polish it back after it has set?

Still trying the Craft coat Neil , i put it on same way as ca , leaving a minute in between coats, at the moment getting good results , tend to put on 7 - 10 coats , leave for 24 hours and polish using something like a t cut , if it has ripples then micromesh first.
Have had a few niggles but trial and error at the moment, i like it , takes a little longer but the finish is good and cuts out any nasty fumes.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).