• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

wasnt going to

waterbuffalo

First Name
nigel
post this one up, but then i figured one must accept the failures and not just the successes..:down:
you live and learn....bummer though as this was my last pen kit...anyone know of any good deals going on20220424_191809.jpg

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
I have done that same thing a few times myself Nigel.

Strip it down and reuse the kit or put the pen near your lathe as a constant reminder of how easy it is to go wrong if you let your concentration slip for more than a few seconds.

Gary

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Ooohhhh, that was a nice bit of Ropala lacewood as well.:sob: Can you not mantle it it on another kit?

As for kits, there doesn't seem to be many big offers on at the min. Beaufort ink send out offers from time to time. always worth getting on the newsletter list for any offers as they come on.

waterbuffalo

First Name
nigel
Ooohhhh, that was a nice bit of Ropala lacewood as well.:sob: Can you not mantle it it on another kit?

As for kits, there doesn't seem to be many big offers on at the min. Beaufort ink send out offers from time to time. always worth getting on the newsletter list for any offers as they come on.

i dont know if it will fit another kit mate...bit gutted tbh but thems the breaks, serves me right for being impatient...ill check the beaufort thing, dont think im signed up for it.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
We only truly learn from our mistakes, we have all been there, and impatience is probably the biggest hinderence to most..... turn off the tubes and start again:rolling::rolling:

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
Oops a man who never makes a mistake never makes anything it’s all part n parcel I’m afraid but you can always strip it down and start again if you damage the plastic thread I think you will find Dan does them as spares

waterbuffalo

First Name
nigel
Oops a man who never makes a mistake never makes anything it’s all part n parcel I’m afraid but you can always strip it down and start again if you damage the plastic thread I think you will find Dan does them as spares

if i can get it apart, then i think i have a rescue plan for it....we will see :praying:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).