• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Web hosting

Sgreen

Registered
First Name
Simon
Hi everyone.

I am looking at building a website to sell some of my wares. I really need to try and get a bit of money back and move some pens or the wife will go crazy. Does anyone have any suggestions on a cheap Web host.

I am thinking of using OpenCart software. If, like me, you are thinking of opening a website Opencart is a free alternative to buying commerce software. The reviews are good but not great however for selling a few pens etc. it seems more than adequate. please note I have not used it yet only read the reviews.

Does anyone have a tried and tested shopping cart they use (preferably free)

Thanks in advance
Simon

Sgreen

Registered
First Name
Simon
Hi Ed

Did yo purchase a domain name and assign it to your weebly account? if so where from. The site looks really good and very simple to navigate. Just what I want and at a price I like

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hi Ed

Did yo purchase a domain name and assign it to your weebly account? if so where from. The site looks really good and very simple to navigate. Just what I want and at a price I like

Yes domain name was purchased from 1-2-3 reg. had it 4 years and so far has cost me around £2.50 per year.

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
If you're registering domains I can recommend gandi.net, in their own terms "no bullshit".

I still have some domains with 123-reg, we used them as our main registrar for years but shifted everything to gandi.net when 123 started charging to move domains away from them. They appear to have stopped this now but having dealt with them, and Webfusion, over the years I'm not going to if I can avoid it. It's a bit like BT, the less you have to deal with them the better.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).