• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Weekend in the Shed - the rest of the year

Forum Phil

Minder of the cogs & wheels
Registered
First Name
Phil
Whatever happened to the Weekend in the Shed threads? Too much high living and summer holidays I guess.

What have you been up to in the shed, or anywhere really (apart from the bedroom) - tell us all about it.
I didn't make it to the shed at all last weekend, but I did fit all our brand new loose covers to our sitting room suite, so I have brownie points in the bank without the need for flowers. :whistling:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Been too busy on the Gazebo so not much time in the shed over the past few weeks. Going to start a project making a steady to fit my lathe.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Fearful weather here plenty of good reasons to stay snug up in the house. Really like this subject renewal if it could be some form of present all the time. One other feature would enhance is a pic of a pen when you come into the forum.

Peter.

Pierre

Fellow
First Name
Pierre
27755.jpg

Made a trivet, A potter I know sometimes makes pieces for me to incorporate into wood, sometimes I make him lids to incorporate into his pottery its a good arrangement, this one is sold its large 30cms diameter.

27756.jpg

Started to make that truncheon but he didn't like the nib end so I'll try a closed end pen and drill it in azobe!!

PG

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
J D Weatherspoons seem to be taking up a lot of my time at weekends since I became a member of CAMRA...but at least I have 5 weekdays to play in there :thumbs:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Me? Metal detecting. Result? I lost. Why? Ground too dry to get spade into earth. Remedy? Bought earth mover. Success? Nope, farmer threw me off field!

Bob.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Just layed out some projects Two pen sets in oak, two pens, levers for my nutcracker soldiers, two turned boxes, salt and pepper set from bowls balls half track, artic tractor unit which is going to be an article in the woodworker magazine. On top of that spent the day teaching someone the basics in turning.

First picture is of some of the projects and the second the half track chassis and the third again the half track as well as two chassis members on which needs remaking as the wheel support broke while I was routing it using the first as a template.

So have not been up to much

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
From my Grandson his wife Paolo great thanks for remembering her home in Columbia with the peace signing since annulled by their parliament he said then he bet their pen was no where near as nice as the window bullet pen I showed him. Pics I sent them. She was born in Columbia now Snr Psychologist at University where they live now.

Peter.

sfurini

Graduate Member
First Name
Stewart
Worked on my first ever earring stand....but no pics yet as it's in my club competition tomorrow....fingers crossed!

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Got some new office phones today, and I'm delighted to see they work in the workshop, which the old ones didn't. That means that Ria doesn't have to ring my mobile if she needs to get hold of me, as the new ones have got an intercom function too.

I wonder if it works just as well the other way round and I can order more tea and coffee?:devil:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
The weekend starts now an extra day of but no time in the shed, instead, a weekend in the caravan and Margaret wont let me take a lathe with me :whistling::whistling:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Bin cutting up some wood for a while today that Brian (Grump) gave me 120 mahogany pen blanks from an old table leaf and two 16" x 1 3/4"Oak platter blanks and four 8"x 1 3/4" dish blanks from a laminated Oak worktop
View attachment 30741View attachment 30742

Another instance I wished we were within reach Woody, in diminishing my timber stocks etc I could have provided you with years of turning wood.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).