• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

What Can I Use This For?

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
What can I use this for?
A part from drilling holes that is. I have a big drill press and a mill inside.
It was given to me and been sitting on my out side bench for the last couple of years, got rained on the last the last couple of time, the rain has never came that way before.
I need the space on the bench and I know if I get rid of it I will need it the next day.:funny:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Take it in the kitchen stick a bowl under it and then sell the Kenwood Chef:winking:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Make up a box for dust extraction to fit the table and use it as a spindle sander like I use mine for. I made some inserts for different sized sanding drums the box certainly takes the dust away

Attachments

• DSCF0045.jpg
    DSCF0045.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF0043.jpg
    DSCF0043.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 74

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Door stop:thumbs: I will get a photo of my Atlas drill press that I haven't used since I was given it.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I dedicated aq small drill to holding a horsehair brush to use after Black Bison polish on bowls etc turned from Burl. My Professional mate has used this for donkeys it is spectacular.

Peter.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I made one for my big drill press, not as neat as yours.
Just wondering how you clamped yours to your table?

One thing I would change is the way I put the sides in so that along the side facing you in the photo had a clear run from front to back to allow for a fence system.

The fixings I used to secure it to the table are THESE which I put in during assembly lining them up with the slots and then bolts from the underside

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
One thing I would change is the way I put the sides in so that along the side facing you in the photo had a clear run from front to back to allow for a fence system.

Do you mean in the second pic, you would have the end where the vac hose is you wold have that flush to the top and bottom?

The fixings I used to secure it to the table are THESE which I put in during assembly lining them up with the slots and then bolts from the underside

I have some of these I kept as I thought there might come in handy donkey years ago.:thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Do you mean in the second pic, you would have the end where the vac hose is you wold have that flush to the top and bottom?

It would be like the front so the top lip is obstructed so that you can make a clamp which can slid the full length of the side for a fence at each end see construction picture without top fitted to see how the supports will be located left is how it is on mine and right how I would remake it if I have to.

The second picture is just the top with a simple drawing of the fence and the wrap around clamp.

Attachments

• sanding table.jpg
    sanding table.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 15
  • table clamp.jpg
    table clamp.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 15
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).