• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

what do you think is the best wood lathe?

Yann

Apprentice Member
First Name
Yann
That's strange its not unavailable when I go to Axminster's site I even got one in the basket, It may be worth a call to them to find out why, I hope that they aren't breaking European competitions rules!!

It is not available for France ... Change the language and you will see

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
I have both VL 300 and VL 100
The VL 300 came with a 1 metre extension that I have only used once, too long for my shed.
I have plans to make a swing away tail stock.

I have a problem with transport from Australia,:goesred:
the lathe no

Not sure now but a couple years ago it was cheaper to buy a VL 300 in the UK that it was in Aust.

Yann

Apprentice Member
First Name
Yann
Well !
After careful consideration, I prefer Bezombes.:love_it:
it is this lathe that will accompany me over the next few years. :)
a big investment, which I now look forward to.
this will be my fourth round.
the first one was in Chinese which I got my hands on.
the second a used Vivamac db800 without variator that I did not like (lack of precision)
the third for 12 years a VL100 BM that I equipped with a motor and variator, model acquired before Vicmarc subcontracting of Vicmarc in Taiwan .... too bad.
And let's go for a new adventure: cheer: with the Bezombes.:thumbs:
It is ordered,:banana::banana::banana: two months for the manufacture, it will be necessary to be patient

Yann

Apprentice Member
First Name
Yann
I hope it hasn't always been:wink:
but there, no surprise, it is the best.:banana::banana::banana:
You have to wait two months for the production, and after that, happiness!:fingers:
I will send you pictures.:camera:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).