• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
What percentage of kits that you get have missing bits?

I was going through some of my pen kits today decided to do a Sedona RB due to me having 3 kits. (I messed up putting it together so nothing to show).

Out of the three kits 2 had no springs and one had no tubes but did have the springs. :rolling:

I got the kits from Turners retreat a few weeks ago as they are usually a good company and send items out fast.

How much of a pen kit needs to be missing before you go back and report it to the company? Or is it a case of Oh dear, How sad, Never mind.
If they were of poor/low quality I think whilst being annoying it would be acceptable if the odd bit was missing, So would you let more go if it was a low quality kit, I think I would include the slimline kits in the low quality items, is there a kit price where you would not allow any missing bits?

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
It is not acceptable for any kit to have any piece missing regardless of the perception of quality of the manufacturer, or more accurately, the quality of the component collator.

If you bought a cheap car would you accept that it didn’t have steering wheel because it was cheap?

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
What Neil said, answers the question really.

However I find it difficult to even think of the time I ever had a pen kit delivered with a part missing. :thinks:

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I don't think it's acceptable for missing bits, but I also think I am lucky as after buying hundreds of kits I can count on one hand how many have had missing bits:praying::praying:

Geoff Kent

Graduate Member
First Name
GEOFF
What Neil said.So for no missing bits.I got some extra pocket clips in an order a few years ago.Result!
Different question:Who hates those little plastic bags? I loathe the bloody things!There must be a better/easier way to package the parts.Any ideas?:praying:

Garno

Fellow
First Name
Gary
I can now account for the "missing tubes", what I should of said instead of "missing Tubes" was tubes I messed up with exploding blanks and forgot all about them :goesred: (I have now found them :whistling: )

I am sort of adamant that the springs were missing, when I say "sort of" what I mean is I can not be totally sure. The problem is that the bags containing the kits have small holes in the bottom :vangry::vangry:, I only noticed this today when something fell out, As a result I can no longer swear they were missing before making the journey up to the shed to start a new life.

Curly

Graduate Member
First Name
Peter
Inspect the contents of every kit when the shipment arrives. It doesn't take long and if there is a shortage, missing parts or damaged parts you can immediately get a remedy from the sellers. If I discover three months later there is a problem how can I say with any certainly it wasn't lost, mixed up or damaged by me? At that point I eat the problem and learn learn for next time. For what it is worth in over five hundred kits we have bough only one had a defective part and it was replaced when we sent a picture of its little deformity. They wanted the picture because it was an unusual complaint and I've forgotten what it was.

A tip. If the kit is one you plan on making more of or you buy a few new ones to try out get some extra tubes just in case. You'll never need them then.

Pete

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).