• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

What's on your bench today part 2

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
My bench, well all available space really has been covered with a thick layer of sawdust after cutting up the sections for the first of 2 field style gates. Mocked the first one up in softwood I already had to see what they look like before buying more durable timber but have just realised how much larch or suitable hardwood is going to cost so the prototype might be permanent. :rolling:

After cleaning the workshop all down yesterday I set about vinyl wrapping a mobility scooter ( bought a cheap s/h for my missus as she will soon have a leg in a non weight bearing plaster for 3 months - gets me out of dog walking duties if she's mobile. :ciggrin:).

Anyway a disaster, bloody stuff wrinkled like hell so off it came and out with the paint spray cans and it's sitting on the bench in very bright red, don't know if that's what she wants but it's what she's getting. :whistling:

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I am trying to make 3 of these......Oak name boards... its been a real mix of spindle moulding....routing....and laser cutting oh and a chisel (to sharpen my pencil)20180619_133445.jpg

First Name
Craig
I am trying to make 3 of these......Oak name boards... its been a real mix of spindle moulding....routing....and laser cutting oh and a chisel (to sharpen my pencil)

That’s a nice piece of wood mark. We had similar name boards at the golf club for captains. Love the motif at the top.

Regards

Craig

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I am trying to make 3 of these......Oak name boards... its been a real mix of spindle moulding....routing....and laser cutting oh and a chisel (to sharpen my pencil)

That’s a nice piece of wood mark. We had similar name boards at the golf club for captains. Love the motif at the top.

Regards

Craig

Its all smoke and mirrors.....
The architrave is solid but the board is venered, the lettering is MDF as its going to be guilded. Looks good....not sure how to do the curved architrave yet, might have a play with a jig and router??:thinks::thinks:

First Name
Craig
Its all smoke and mirrors.....
The architrave is solid but the board is venered, the lettering is MDF as its going to be guilded. Looks good....not sure how to do the curved architrave yet, might have a play with a jig and router??:thinks::thinks:

AAAAAAhhhhhhhh a trickster you are. Still great work Mark. Make sure you post the finished work:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Regards

Craig

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).