• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Which glue is best

mattyts

Registered
Regarding the CA glue,I just use poundshop stuff :whistling: 5 20g bottles for £1 and it lasts me ages,use them on wood too...large acrylics or trustone etc gets done with araldite

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I haven't done any corian segmented blanks and I'm sure CA is fine but based on my experience with kitchen worktops, my choice would be epoxy.

A version of this is what is used to glue worktops together with pigmentation to create almost invisible joints which are virtually as strong as the material itself

Despite what the marketing blurb says, it is actually porous albeit only very slightly. If you want to test that just put some curry or beetroot on to it and you'll get a rather nasty stain which has to be polished out.

bob

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
All I ever use these days is poundland ca.
If I need it to have any filling capacity I quickly mix a bit of talcum powder with it.
Try it. it dries rock hard init?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).