• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Who would guess what you find in an Alpaka Centre in Cumbria!

KevinMc

Graduate Member
First Name
Kevin
Hi

We have been out today a break form the plumbers / electricians / paint and the like..

Don’t ask but I ended up at the Alpaka Centre and on display in their shop was the work of a guy who puts together fused glass and wood turning...

It is absolutely beautiful and I thought I would share it with you... it certainly gets the thought /idea process going in the old head...

Bowls - Scott Irvine - Harmonies in Wood

Kevin :thumbs:

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
There's so much more to Alpakas than meets the eye, gorgeous, thanks for sharing Kevin. :drool:

GSteer

Registered
First Name
Greg
I wouldn't say a regular Kevin but when I'm heading back west from the M6 I usually nip in if it's open, just incase there's something juicy on the oddbits shelf.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hi Kevin thought you might like to see slumped glass in a table top, my mate George is a famous Woodworker in Hobart Tasmania.

Peter.

Attachments

• GEORGE 1.jpg
    GEORGE 1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 40
  • George.jpg
    George.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 40

KevinMc

Graduate Member
First Name
Kevin
That’s beautiful I always admire the skill of others....It must be great to be able to mix two skills.. I have tried fused glass work.... but glass and I don’t get on it’s not forgiving enough!

But I am thinking of how I could maybe Recycle items and add them to turned things I try to make... I love the idea of reusing something that might otherwise go to waste and give it a new life...

I don’t intend selling anything it’s all about the hobby and the fun of making..

Kevin

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).