• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

windoze 11 photo storage

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
I just bought a new computer UNFORTUNALLY it has this horrible ghastly windoze 11 on it. :vangry:
I just downloaded all the photos on my iPhone, now I cannot find any way put them into a folder on my computer.
It keeps wanting me to put it into could or one drive or summat.

Can any one help me?

If anyone meets bill gates give him the hardest kick in his bollocks and see if you can knock some sense into him.

monophoto

First Name
Louie
Microsoft forced me to convert to W11 a couple of months ago, but I found that the transition was seamless.

There is a native 'pictures' folder, but I'm a bit old fashioned and like to create my own file structure. So I have a 'Pictures' folder in the Documents folder. That way, I can set up a backup for the Documents folder that covers my pictures as well as other important stuff.

How did you download your pictures from your iPhone, and where are they stored? You should be able to just 'drag and drop' them where you want. W11 does have a OneDrive arrangement that is automatically backed up to the Cloud, but I try to use my "Documents' folder and my primary storage location, with OneDrive set up to automatically synchronize a backup copy of everything in the Documents folder. I also have an external hard drive that provides an additional layer of backup.

One thing that is different in W11 is that when you right click on a folder or file to copy it, the popup menu doesn't appear to offer a 'copy' option. It's there - just hidden. There is a row of icons that will appear at either the top or bottom of the popup window (depending on where on the screen you right clicked). The second icon from the left is 'copy' when you first invoke the right click, or 'paste' the second time you right click. Alternatively, the last entry in the menu is 'show more options' - clicking that produces the traditional windows right click menu that includes both copy and past options.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 472 (01).jpg
    ScreenHunter 472 (01).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2