• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Wood Sanding Sealer

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen
Just about to get some more sealer,is there any difference in them,are some better than others,what do you use.

Glen:thinks:

Ratty

First Name
David
I have used Liberon Spirit Sanding Sealer for a while now and find it does a good job. Depends how you work really I am impatient and can get this one worked in minuets after applying.
Although it does say to wait 30 mins minimum for some reason. Used to use cellulose a good while ago but always got the lid stuck on the container :rolling:

Dave

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I have only ever used Cellulose sanding sealer and am pleased with the results.

Peter

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I use cellulose sander sealer and acrylic sander sealer the latter does need a little more work. So it depends on what I am doing

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I always use Liberon Spirit Sanding Sealer if used on furniture it takes 30min to cure but on a lathe you can speed the drying process up but it all depends what finish you want to use like cellulose cant be used over spirit or acrylic S/S

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Always used Cellulose with good results until recently, now trying the chestnut acrylic. The jury is out currently.:thinks:

Never tried the spirit sealer, but may do that from now.. But could always go back to what I am used to eh!:rolling:

Winemaker

Registered
First Name
Tom
I never use it,found the Cellulose seal smells and seemed to get into the house so stopped using it. Never tryed the Spirit one so can't comment on that one may be I should :thinks:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Pierre reading of the sealer made me realise its been quite a time since 1946 when I had the French language at school.

Peter.

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
I prefer cellulose sanding sealer over the others. Used if for years without any problem.tried others but still use cellulose.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).