• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

WorkSharp WS3000 / ProEdge?

naxie

Registered
I'll let you know later if I have chance, I'm scrubbing the kitchen floor at the moment and I still have to wash and iron the curtains, mow the lawn and pressure hose the patio, no fun in the dark! :goesred: :winking:

naxie

Registered
Well, so far I have two belts towards my ProEdge, they arrived by Royal Mail this morning, hopefully the actual machine will arrive later on!
:sob:

naxie

Registered
Come on Ed, is it here or not .. :ciggrin:

Yes it did Jim! :thumbs:

I've only had a quick go on it, trying to rearrange things in the workshop a little to find a nice spot for it.

When I first turned it on the belt dived off to the right digging a nice groove in the guard before I realised what was going on. According to the instructions the tracking should have been set in the factory. The top bolt that holds the guard on (inside one) wasn't screwed into the frame and the top peice of the guard (the bit that bends over the top of the belt) seems to be bent out of shape. I have a feeling it's had a hard time in transit.

Apart from that it seems to work well!

I think I'm going to make up a couple of skew jigs at different angles at some point soon though, easier than freehand.

I'll post up some proper thoughts on it once I have had a proper play. So far I think its going to be really good.

Just a little disapointed on the condition it arrived in, especially for a £300 tool.:rolling:

Jim

Grand Master
Good to hear Ed, looking (very much) forward to seeing those jigs my friend .. :bwink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
You will now have the edge on me Ed looking to see your results and how long the super edge lasts and how it absolutely justifies this money outlay.

Peter.:rolling:

naxie

Registered
You will now have the edge on me Ed looking to see your results and how long the super edge lasts and how it absolutely justifies this money outlay.

Peter.:rolling:

I don't think I will ever fully justify it Peter, it's alot of money for a fancy belt sander. I also can't justify the £300 a quarter I pay for council tax and for water rate. I know which one of the three I dont begrudge paying though.:wink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I don't think I will ever fully justify it Peter, it's alot of money for a fancy belt sander. I also can't justify the £300 a quarter I pay for council tax and for water rate. I know which one of the three I dont begrudge paying though.:wink:

That logic I understand Ed enjoy it.

Peter.:thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Without the pro edge I would be burning wood round so all hail the pro-edge.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).