• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Worthless Wood and Pine Cone Blanks

Paul

Fellow
Nah. They are rubbish. You should be ashamed. Send them to me and I'll deal with them......:fingers:

To be honest they look good. A nice natural look. Looking forward to the final result.

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
Time will tell. Paint the tube or blank if not sure. I'm sure they will look good when finished.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Where are the turned pens then. ...?

I was waiting to post when they were turned. At this rate I will be pensioned off before they are finished.:devil:

Jim

Grand Master
Came in from work and just tubed the blanks up, i did paint the tubes John, i fell for that before .. I also took out the second batch which i am more than pleased with .. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Sorry guys, but due to late hours i only do weekend turning .. Another 5 years and the shed time will increase to all day .. :thumbs:

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Hi Jim,

I have never done casting and only turned pens from wood blanks so am interested in the results. Have seen pens on the net made out of pine cones and went and foraged for some pine cones but when I looked at them decided they where not going to work I am guessing that most pine cone pens are cast. I am starting to get interested in casting but as a newbie don't know where to start.

Jim

Grand Master
Hi Bob, first try looking at some videos on Youtube about casting, they are very handy to learn from . .Also there are some good PDF tutorials on the IAP that will help tremendously .. Any questions you have, we have a few guys in here that could also help you .. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I like the progression in casting Jim know about busy. I have no predudices in blanks a beaut pen is a result of many combinations. I started with beautiful wood .

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).