• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Wotcha - another newbie here.

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Dave, i wouldn't mind seeing some images of the VW, if possible .. As a lad i used to work on a milk round for a few years with the guy mad for these vans .. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Had one when our 6 kids were young the only serious near major problem came when the oil seal failed on the motor and the heating system pulled the fumes as it does from the motor into the cabin and nearly asphixiated us late at night on a long journey.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Chillicamper

Registered
First Name
David
July 2013 009v2.jpg

Here's a picture of the camper. It looks better from a distance! It's pretty solid underneath having spent most of it's like in Mexico. I picked it up 6 years ago from a chap who had imported it. he and his girlfriend had paid for it, then split up so he needed to sell.

There a bit of rust now to be sorted around the wheel arches etc, but underneath is pretty damn solid.

I've had to contend with Mexican mechanic bodges though. very old fuel lines held on with twists of fencing wire :rolling:

The fuel tank also had no breathers attached, so when filled up I ended up with petrol peeing over a hot engine. When I pulled the engine to get to the tank I found it was not bolted down. The Mexican mechanic had lost the 2 nuts needed to just shoved his t-shirt in to stop it rattling. On the plus side, I new have a new t-shirt.

I fitted the interior out to my spec - full width rock n roll bed. front cabinet to hold fridge, storage and chemical toilet
Jose agreed value 003v2.jpg

Jose agreed value 001v2.jpg

1600cc and about 44bhp of raw throbbing power - I don't go fast!
Jose agreed value 008v2.jpg

Chillicamper

Registered
First Name
David
So, that's my camper......which is also my daily drive....even in the winter.....I won't mention it again.........often:rolling:

And here's some photos of my other hobby to stop me getting bored - pyrography

Blackberry on 7cm apple shaped ply
Apple n blackberry 002v2.jpg

My camper on a beach cheese board.......did I mention I own a VW camper :rolling:
camper cheeseboard 002v2.jpg

Fathers day F1 gift
F1 Merc 002v2.jpg

Christmas present for my sister - she's works for various charities and Mandela was one of her inspirations for training to do what she does.
misc Dec 005v2.jpg

Surreal house on a hill
wooden hill house 007v2.jpg

Portrait of my kids
wooden 001v2.jpg

And finally......A greenman image on beech chopping board
GreenMan 002v2.jpg

I will get some photos of the few pens I've tried my hand at to show soon.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thats a lovely camper David, thanks for showing and telling us about it. It looks like you've got enough chillies to last a while as well :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).