• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Yesterday Alloy Today Brass

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
James you have gone from brush finish to smooth this time using brass I went to a local firm that does powder coating for a project using brass for a pen to complete some time and he ran it through at no charge he was quite intrigued. I have a reaction with brass and it tarnishes real quick, Les Elm in Canada makes from brass cartridges by the many hundreds and dip varnishes his the method used is in the library on the IAP when you go army ie no finish it then is your choice what the heck or future polish following my Army Service my choice is easy.

You have done really well what name has the model makers lathe? I have two American Taig Lathes and A Hercus I use for metal and yes I use the wood lathe for finishing.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).