• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Zebrano Apple

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
SO the jam-jig I used to make this apple took more time, attempts and effort than the actual apple - but my first fruit and I'm pretty happy with it!

Zebrano Apple_1.jpgZebrano Apple_2.jpgZebrano Apple_3.jpgZebrano Apple_4.jpg

Regards

Padster

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Cor... That's nice.... As said above great choice of grain alignment, really lifts that..... Lovely job :drool::drool:

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
I really like that. From your comment i’m guessing you made a jaw type chuck to hold it at some stage?

If you use a home made screw chuck with. fairly long screw your can hold it via the stem hole.

regards Ian

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
@Curlygrains - as Kelvin said I bought the stems as you get the leaf, you can turn/make just the stem but I'd have no idea on doing the leaf - there are many suppliers who stock them ;-)
@howsitwork? I made a jam jig, that narrows it is kinda pear shaped so helped holding the pear, and has a hole all the way through you tap it in with a mallet, and knock it out with some dowelling... here's the whole fruit bowl SWMBO had for her Christmas pressie if you hadn't seen...

IMG_2782.jpeg

Regards

Padster

Curlygrains

Apprentice Member
First Name
Glenn
@Curlygrains - as Kelvin said I bought the stems as you get the leaf, you can turn/make just the stem but I'd have no idea on doing the leaf - there are many suppliers who stock them ;-)
@howsitwork? I made a jam jig, that narrows it is kinda pear shaped so helped holding the pear, and has a hole all the way through you tap it in with a mallet, and knock it out with some dowelling... here's the whole fruit bowl SWMBO had for her Christmas pressie if you hadn't seen...

View attachment 48319

Regards

Padster
I see a few turners making bowls of balls. The bowl of fruit looks a lot harder. Especially the banana. Great job.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).