• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

1st Pen

Ballistol

First Name
Garry
Thanks to all, especially Flexi, for giving me enough information to have a crack at my first pen. IMG_3683.jpeg

It’s certainly motivated me to have another go, and I’ve already prepped enough brass for some more while I sort a starter wood lathe and tools to allow me to start turning (any tips gratefully accepted).

The one thing I did find problematic with the pen was the clip. It seemed that the cap I used could have done with being a bit longer, possibly a result of the ring of the clip being quite thick. I did trim the neck of the case after fitting the tube to ensure they were level, but it is still bothering me that the clip can rotate.

Still, I’m off the mark, onwards and upwards, and thanks again to all.