• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A BREATH OF FRESH AIR

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
I must say I prefer the look of these waist mounted filters. Having a motor and battery sitting on top of your head never sounded like a good idea to me. The Versaflo is very expensive so nice to see the Rutlands option. 😉

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
Paid full price for mine and don’t regret it at all, I even find I’ve used it more than I anticipate, although as you’ll have seen from lack of pics, haven’t done many pens lately!

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Paid full price for mine and don’t regret it at all, I even find I’ve used it more than I anticipate, although as you’ll have seen from lack of pics, haven’t done many pens lately!
That’s good to hear. I bought one but it arrived just as I was leaving for Aintree so haven’t tried it out yet.
Hopefully a couple of winners will go towards paying for it!

Baravore

Registered
First Name
Jim
Kelvin, are filters for dust and fumes?
I had an original Trend airshield and the motor drew fumes through the filters when I was finishing my work.
Hi Bill, I'm brand new to the site but I was trained a cabinet maker and French polisher from school who moved to physiotherapy... long story. In regard to fumes there are certainly different filters (and mechanisms) dependent on the particulate nature of what we are trying to avoid. One thing to note is, face shieds may create an air flow around the shield drawing air (and anything in it) from the outside. It can basically bypass the filter, It is something to be aware of regardless of filter type.