• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A couple of sierras

BradG

First Name
Brad
I wanted to add a couple of no thrills pens to my website for those who didn't want to spend a huge amount of money buying a pen as a gift for someone, so needless to say I opted for some sierra kits. Here's a couple I made recently :)

Attachments

• rollerball.jpg
    rollerball.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 57
  • knurls.jpg
    knurls.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 55
  • closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 56

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Break through in the Sierras I will have a look on your web site in a while for more pics etc . Did you use your new polishing method on them?

Peter.

BradG

First Name
Brad
Thanks chaps.

No Peter, just sand paper and micromesh. Need to perfect the process first before submerging pens in that tank!

Mark, I made the spiralling pattern by using half a knurling tool. take one wheel off and rather than getting a diamond pattern cut, you get this

Jim

Grand Master
Nice work Brad, i like the first one it has a look of solder .. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).