• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

a day in York

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
A great day Neil, I hope it can become an annual event but a lot of work for you and Allison :claps::claps:
You certainly deserve a beer or three :beer::beer::drunked:
Great to meet up with some old faces and of course the new :rock::rock:
A big thank you :thanxs::thanxs: to all
See you all again soon

Jim

Grand Master
A great day out for sure, Neil, that is a tremendous amount of cash my friend and i am very pleased to hear this .. Alex, i hope you get home safe, and sorry to hear that the train had left without you on board .. I am sure all the weight of your winning bids didn't help your cause .. :ciggrin:

A big thanks to all who helped make this happen .. :thumbs:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
A great day out for sure, Neil, that is a tremendous amount of cash my friend and i am very pleased to hear this .. Alex, i hope you get home safe, and sorry to hear that the train had left without you on board .. I am sure all the weight of your winning bids didn't help your cause .. :ciggrin:

A big thanks to all who helped make this happen .. :thumbs:

Just got home and dinner was on the table

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
A huge well done to all concerned for making such a fantastic successful day today.
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting new faces and seeing olduns again init?
A real busy packed couple of days for my Drain and meself.
Sorry you missed your train Alex.
We had somebody sitting in our reserved seats and got upgraded to 1st class after I kicked off, then had a very pleasant journey home.

Is anybody asleep in the pic????

IMG_20140816_134230.jpg

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I'm home now, a much easier drive than yesterdays but it was worth the effort to meet such a great bunch of people that previously only had aviators. Neil did an amazing job to organise this day with a super team behind him at the school that plied us with all sorts of lovely food.

My apologies for not having the online auction and I am pretty sure that all online bids were superseded on the day so anyone with a winning notification please ignore it.

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
An excellent day thanks to Neil & all the team, pleased I was there, thanks to Walter for the taxi. The money raised is fantastic. Thanks for my donation to Blind Veterans UK as well.

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Just got back to my exile in Brum, called up to see Dad as he's 30 mins north of York and he'd have rightly kicked my arse black and blue if I hadn't called in.

Great day and the chance to meet friends old and new, mostly they're old though :funny:

Thanks to Neil and Ali and crew for putting together a fantastic day.

Fabulous amount raised which I think Chas was mostly responsible for or was it Mrs Chas :whistling:

Here's to the next one!

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
What a great day I was taxied there by good ol Doug greeted by Keith Yorkshireman with a pack of John smiffs then some young lady put a pack in the auction which I won and to crown it all I was presented with yes a pack of good ol smiffy latter wow what a day Hiss a word of warning watch out for Sue She is a smiffy thief LOL
Neil you and your team put on a wonderful day my friend the whole day was a real treat the auction was a real blast food outstanding two good demos some wonderful offers from our Dan thank you one and all I have come home with a shed load of goodies to sort out tomorrow some purchased and loads of wood, corian & metal from you great guys
And of course we were graced by some beautiful young and glamours wives it was nice to see some pretty young faces among a bunch of ugly ol men thank you girls XXX
Now I am completely shattered

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Couldn't get online at the caravan site last night as Her In Doors (Sue) was on the laptop most of the evening :nooidea:
Great to meet up with everyone, old faces and new :thumbs:
Neil, Alison and the team did a great job and congrats to everyone for raising so much for the School :banana:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
A huge well done to all concerned for making such a fantastic successful day today.
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting new faces and seeing olduns again init?
A real busy packed couple of days for my Drain and meself.
Sorry you missed your train Alex.
We had somebody sitting in our reserved seats and got upgraded to 1st class after I kicked off, then had a very pleasant journey home.

Is anybody asleep in the pic????

View attachment 8858

Looks like Doug is nodding off, Dan is sucking his thumb and Woody is half p1ssed.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).