• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A Junior gents F/P dressed in brass

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
What sort of speed do you turn this on Woody? Might give it a go but with alli and a silver kit!

Ally is easer to turn as for speed about mid range sorry but I dont take any notice of actual speed normally I start of slow and increase the speed till it seems OK all you have to watch is heat build up I have a pot of water and a bit of cloth to stop the lathe and cool it down this is good for the tool and the glue joint on the pen tube

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Wow, absolutely wonderful Woody. I've had a go at a copper one and that was hard enough. Superb.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Well if your going to York in August you will have a chance to win it LOL

Unfortunately I don't know if I'm going or not due to work Woody. I would just buy a ticket and take the chance but I don't want to deprive someone else as there are limited spaces.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Unfortunately I don't know if I'm going or not due to work Woody. I would just buy a ticket and take the chance but I don't want to deprive someone else as there are limited spaces.

That is ashame Paul it would have been nce to meet up with you maybe another time

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
That's staggering, the finish on that is superb.

I can only imagine how much effort goes into getting it to look like that.

I used to have enough trouble when I used a metal lathe :whistling:

Edward Po

Nice work, as a owner of a fully equipment machine shop, I would certainly like try this process. Also, do you apply any kind of finish to the brass tube ?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
This was turned on a wood lathe by hand and just buffed with a polishing compound it is the same one that is in the auction York

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).