• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A TM Epsilon and a Zeta in coolibah burr + a yew slimline pencil

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Had my first go with burr pen blanks today from Aussie Burr's.

Fitted to an Epsilon and a Zeta kit. 2 coats of sanding sealer then 2 coats of paste wax and a final 2 passes with a carnuba wax stick.

Also managed to do a slim line pencil kit in yew. with a golfing club clip for a friend.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Well done Freck, Zeta is spot on, nice fit and finish.

The Epsilon and slimline look a little overturned on the nib end, looks like a very small lip.

The slimline looks a nice shape, but the photo shows a little change in colour just below centre band. Might be photo or could be the way it was polished, not quite covered it all.

But three great looking pens all the same.:thumbs:

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Thanks for the feedback Eamonn, I think I need to leave them slightly prouder to compensate for any extra sanding(my toolwork requires more practice!!!).

Well done Freck, Zeta is spot on, nice fit and finish.

The Epsilon and slimline look a little overturned on the nib end, looks like a very small lip.

The slimline looks a nice shape, but the photo shows a little change in colour just below centre band. Might be photo or could be the way it was polished, not quite covered it all.

But three great looking pens all the same.:thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Well done, the burrs look great.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).