• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Advice please

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Hi all customer has asked for 3 Horse chestnut fountain pens...simples
I would normaly use Gun metal or Gold fittings as shown he would like the 3rd in chrome!
I know the customer is always right but views please??20170502_182327.jpg:thinks:

Midnight_Turner

Registered
First Name
Miles
I am finding that chrome is the In thing at the minute and is a preference to gold, trust the customer on this one, I have had similar oak requests recently, even though I advised gold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJB Penmaker

First Name
Derek
The customer IS always right even if they are wrong. It doesn't matter as long as they pay.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
With the blank choice I don't think any of them would look out of place. Make up the chrome one and let them decide, as above they are paying for it and whichever they choose they will get a great turned pen with very high standards from you Mark

Ratty

First Name
David
I think it would work fine. Always surprises me how different peoples tastes are.
Some combinations I make, I would not give house room but they sell really well.

Dave

Pierre

Graduate Member
First Name
Pierre
Bizarrely enough the chrome plating will probably out last the gold . Don't forget some people prefer Skodas to Jaguars. :rolling:

A Nice dark black walnut would have gone down well with Chrome.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Bizarrely enough the chrome plating will probably out last the gold . Don't forget some people prefer Skodas to Jaguars. :rolling:

20150928_180249.jpg
Nah i prefer Gun metal

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter

A mate of mine in the states has a Volvo first question from me do you wear a cap. Over here they are synonymous over there ?????? what did I mean.

Acceptance, colour, tone all in the mind for everyone.

Yesterday I delivered my latest pen rest the pen kit was chrome , it was a stunner.

Peter.

Graham_C

Fellow
First Name
Graham
Whatever the customer wants - personal taste is a strange thing. They are paying, so you can only advise!

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen
I am finding the pens I don't like sell better than the ones I like so I am going to make more pens I don't like. I think ??????

Glen

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
I give the customer what they ask for, it makes them happy. If they ask me what I think then I'll give my personal opinion, otherwise I don't question their choice.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).