• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Another first.....

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
So a while back I saw an emerging bowl, not long after I saw they cut some trees down at the golf club so I asked for a log or two...it was pine and has been in the workshop for maybe 6mths... anyway got round to trying an emerging bowl - bit of trial and error and the jigs took almost as long to make...it's a single turned piece (a quarter of the log - it wasn't big!) and was all done on the lathe....

Attachments

• IMG_3411.jpeg
    IMG_3411.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3412.jpeg
    IMG_3412.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3413.jpeg
    IMG_3413.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3414.jpeg
    IMG_3414.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11

Padster

Graduate Member
First Name
Paddy
I don’t do bowls very often (not very good at them) but that is really impressive Paddy.
Bet that was “Interesting” turning that 🫣🫣
HA-HA - you aren't kidding.... doing the internal part of the bowl is way off centre, and rocking could be an understatement... I have no idea how Woody (@TVS ) turns those big bowls!

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I'm glad I only have a small lathe, I could be tempted to try that, nah no chance!
Well done mate, it's a really ingenious bowl, you should be well pleased 👍