• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Another Gunmetal Alpha Rollerball dressed in black to burgandy

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Last one of these for the weekend, this one another of Dan's Alphas, gunmetal kit dressed in another Mervyn Cadman blank black to burgundy :thinks:

The bottom photo shows the 4 pens recently made up and hopefully shows the changing colour effect. These blanks of Mervyns are excellent, turn & finish well and are a little different to that what's available elsewhere.

Now that the end of acrylic turning (or plastic as some might say) for a week or so, better find something else to turn before I get a call from the "wood police" :whistling:

View attachment 32547View attachment 32548View attachment 32549

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Some beautiful pens there Billy, as usual.:thumbs: I suppose you'll be away to wet your whistle now to get rid of the dust.:whistling:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Four very nice pens Billy.

I think I still have a Hawian Blue blank of his in the draw to turn

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Another nice one Billy, as usual with a great finish.

I agree I do like Merv blanks for kit pens, great colours and takes a finish really well.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Shining new pens Billy. I will have to raise my vacuum above the lathe it is picking up lightweight plastic when I do turn it.

Four rippers there mate. Sweet blanks.

Peter.

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
Four excellent pens Billy all so good I would find it very difficult to pick a favourite

Robin

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Very impressed with them all - my comment would be and I suspect this is how the kit comes but would the gunmetal look better if the finial was also in gunmetal ? And maybe the rhodium in rhodium?

Also to Billy as I've yet to make one of these (but now looking to soon) - do you have a favourite ie gunmetal over rhodium ?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).