• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Azure Maple Burr

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Hi all

Another wood/acrylic combo, this time in a blue maple burr with sky blue pearl section, threads and finials. It has silver accent rings and a Jowo no6 nib. The pen is fully lined in both barrel and cap. This wood is stabilised (I buy it like that) and I finish using the melamine technique described by Phil. The ends and barrel are polished and I really like the contrast between the satin look of the wood and the shiny silver/acrylic.

Cheers
Ash

6FAE36B4-1A70-49BC-8D39-6690AEE1AC5F.jpg00CA1B91-EEF7-44FE-8E19-C20202503216.jpg1517C7C6-12A9-4CB8-8CCE-3DFDE48C8B9D.jpgB4A30E28-26FB-4243-ABE2-DDFF6E135671.jpg

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
You do know how to pick good complimentary colours, that goes together sooo well.... I have been using some of the PSI dyed blanks and you never quite know the colour you will get till its turned...... Very well done:love_it::love_it:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).