• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

bandsaw

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Please, please don't name it or you'll be admitting that you're as mad as the rest of the white coat fodder on here:winking:

Me thinks he doth protest too much :thinks::whistling:

Come on Bob what's your bandsaws name, you know you want to tell us :funny::funny:

cowboy

Registered
well got the saw last night and l am well pleased with it so far the only scratch on it is the one we put on it when putting it in the car just needs a good clean and setting up correctly and l think l have got a good one. Plus l think l have got to build the extension to the shed soon`er than later will post picture`s later but they might not be pen`s if that is ok. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: by the way l am not going to name it lol

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
well got the saw last night and l am well pleased with it so far the only scratch on it is the one we put on it when putting it in the car just needs a good clean and setting up correctly and l think l have got a good one. Plus l think l have got to build the extension to the shed soon`er than later will post picture`s later but they might not be pen`s if that is ok. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: by the way l am not going to name it lol

I'm glad to hear you've got a bargain, get sawing and any pics are good

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
+1 for Ian at Tuffsaws I have brought my last 3 blades from him and very happy with the service as well as the blades

cowboy

Registered
l hope to be getting my blades from Tuffsaws at the end of the month l have got a lot of tree timber to cut down so l will use the old blade to do that then get the new blades

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I am all for the sharpest blade to cut up logs a blunted one can be a recipe for danger mate. Please be safe and make and design safe holding practices a runaway busted or buckled. blade can be a fearsome thing tension can be critical. Beware of gloves use they can pull hands into where they dont belong sudden hollows can allow rapid feed or punky wood. Awareness and isolation have helped me over many years with a variety of bandsaws.

The most productive saw I have ever purchased.

Kind regards Peter.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
by the way l am not going to name it lol

I agree with Brian, now you have said you are going to name it I think you should..

I quite like Bertie the band saw.. You just can't not name it now you have said you are doing too, just think how the band saw is going to feel? :sob:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).