• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Beaufort Tempest in Wenge

Graham_C

Fellow
First Name
Graham
First try at a Beaufort kit, and I really do like the design and quality. The click action is superb - just as Vic said it would be :thumbs:
Strangely, I was really nervous about starting this pen - not like it was an expensive blank either:rolling:
Quite pleased with the finished item, it feels really nice in the hand and writes beautifully. It's a pity I don't :funny:
IMG_1913.jpg

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Thanks Peter, not sure I understand what you mean by overcut....

Where the timber comes to the gold centre band The timber is bigger than the band, it seems from the photo it is uneven ie higher on the top than the bottom. Looks level at the bottom. There is a small gap on the other side of the centre band. Personally To ignore this is fine but it matters in the long run. I have only made one of these pens but I noticed ways to change the design. Send me your E Mail addy I will do some drawings to show you.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).