• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Beaut Dinner

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Every year our area Church puts on a dinner for Seniours. Last night we dined and danced really well. The main course was chicken or steak. I chose the steak and had seconds it was Wagoo Beef (120 dollars a kilo at Costco) my mate gets a special deal on it. I can see why the Japanese drool at the very mention of this meat. The young adults served us it was very special. The building we meet in was built by voluntary labour 50 odd yrs ago,it took us (very few at the time two yrs to build and 2 yrs to pay off.We had two building missionaries living at our place for this time doing their best to eat us out of house and home, we had five young children at the time. I was credited with the equivalent of three months full time work as a sparky. Life has been exciting for us over the years.We built our home and lived in a small shed on the block the blokes lived in this shed during construction of the Chapel. When we built our house I was a fourth year apprentice Sparky.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I was thinking the spelling was as I have heard it but probably nearer Wagu Beef. I am sending a card of thanks we so often take our friends for granted. My mate said with regard to the meat next top grade he gets he will cut a couple of pieces off it for me, put it in the frig and call me, I told him I will happily pay for it. Our previous neighbor has a brother on King Island situated between the Tasmanian north and mainland Australia south that grows for export these cattle I can recommend you all Google King Island quite an education.The brother has his own light plane and shares in the local Airline.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).