• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Building a Lean-To

Jim

Grand Master
Just curious, how are you handling rain runoff between the lean-to and the adjoining wall?

Sharon, you can now see what i have done in the picture below, the gutter runs along the length of the lean-to and runs into a water drain on the front entrance ..

Woody, thanks for the offer of the paint earlier but i won't be painting the brick now as i went for panelling on the outside and will be boarding it out on the inside ... :wink:

The front entrance ...​

finished_lean_to.JPG

View from Inside ...​

woodworking.JPG

What you see on the door window is the sweeping brush handle ... :rolling:

Jim

Grand Master
That looks good Jim bet you cant wait to get going in there

Thanks Woody, you are right by the way ... :wink: I have just sealed the floor, ready to paint it tomorrow, insulate the outer walls, then i can get the electrics in, build a bench, then i can start moving the equipment in ready for the winter .... :whistling:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wow Jim you are spoiling yourself I thought us southerners were supposed to be the softies?
You won't know what winter is in there mate, snug as bug init?
Good luck mate money well spent i think.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Fellow
Jim, Its coming along a treat. Brilliant :thumbs::thumbs:
Wow, the space you've got, I can only dream. Mine is the garage shared with 2 bikes, 1 large freezer, 2 ladders, paint pots, one kitchen unit thats full of ' we might need these one day thingy's'.
Not complaining so much as its my dump and no ones else's - got me a lathe, bandsaw, sander, grinder and a wish list a mile long....He He :ciggrin::thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Aye the shed is staying Steven, i will need a place for other big toys ... :whistling: Hope she doesn't see this post ... :goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).