• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bushings and their sizes

hawkeyefxr

First Name
ken
As you know i have just started making pens again after a few years. I have various bushing for pens but don't know what pens they are for. Is there a list of bushings and their sizes, i know there are all different pen sizes but the brass tube stays the same for all pens.

hawkeyefxr

First Name
ken
What you mean millipedes and them meter things. I get by with the metricated stuff but thinking in feet n inches is much easier for me.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
What you mean millipedes and them meter things. I get by with the metricated stuff but thinking in feet n inches is much easier for me.

I used to be hardcore imperialist until I got into wood and metal work I found metric so much easier.
The seppo's have some funny measurements like six forths and eight forth etc.:funny:

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
Easiest way is for the sake of a few quid bin em and get new ones with future kit orders

Curly

Graduate Member
First Name
Peter
The seppo's have some funny measurements like six forths and eight forth etc.:funny:

I've never heard an American refer to a fourth anything. A fifth referring to a bottle of whisky, sure. The measurement was in quarters and that was because the saw carriages were setup to step over a quarter of an inch per "click" when it offset into the blade for the next cut. That's why you see references to 4 quarter (1"), 5 quarter (1 1/4") 6 quarter (1 1/2") 8 quarter (2") etc thick lumber. It probably started way back in England so blame them. :winking:

Pete

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).