• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Computer Monitors.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
My desktop monitor went black. When I switch it off then on again I can see the screen for a couple of seconds very dark then it goes dark again.
I guess it means its stuffed?
I have been looking on the internet for a new one, does any one have a recomendation.

What is this one like?
LG 27MP48HQ 27" FHD LED Monitor

Read more: Login Required | Woodworking Friends

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
I think I'd be investigating the reasons before I started shelling out for a new monitor just yet. I presume you have checked all the cables and so on. Have you tried switching off the whole setup and unplugging it from the wall for a couple of minutes. Just shutting down does not always put everything back to how it should be - sometimes it's helpful to unplug it too. It may not make a difference, but worth a try.

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Could be all sorts of things like graphic card or drivers etc, you should really get it all checked out before spending a bundle!:thinks:

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Ive had the very same, problem turned out to be the vga cable connecting the monitor to the pc. Worth a check first . First you see me, then you don't!!!

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Are you on windose 10? I had a problem with it all of a sudden not recognising the driver and put it in fault.. That was while I was using it as well..

If I was you I would connect your PC to a Spare monitor or a TV set just to make sure it's not the PC, graphics card or the driver fault.

BUT AS Peter said I wouldn't bother going above 22" if you are working from a desk.

Pierre

Graduate Member
First Name
Pierre
It almost sounds like a loose cable which is making contact as you shake the monitor when you turn it on, try removing all of the cables and reinserting them first, the act of removing them will effectively clean the contact points as they pull apart. I include the power supply to the wall in that. As said above, borrow a mate's and plug that in (most computers and monitors are plug and play so there should be no need for any drivers) , if it works and your doesn't then the monitor spec that you have put up is quite high unless you want to use multiple screens and there are cheaper ones around, but keep them with the 5ms response time.

PG

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).