• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Confused - slimline / streamline

steveisfound

Registered
First Name
Steve
Hi

After making several slimline pens, I was about to order some more kits and saw streamline kits.... that look very similar?

Please could someone let me know what the difference is and if the slimline bushings are appropriate to use for streamline kits?

Any pro's/con's to either kit?

Very new to all this, so apologies in advance for such a basic question!

Many thanks.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
The streamline has a larger diameter centre band and the bush for the centre band is of course larger than for the slimline. You can buy the streamline centre bands and swap them out. I much prefer the streamline, it has a little more meat on it.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
From Timberbits it is cheaper to buy the Streamline than a Slimline then added larger Streamline Centre Band, I have bought slims by the hundreds so I buy the Streamline ringed bands to increase the size of my pens from Timberbits.

Peter.

steveisfound

Registered
First Name
Steve
Thanks to everyone for the help!

So basically I can use the slimline kits as a basic starting point and adjust the overall thickness of the pen relative to whatever c/b I choose to use/make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).