• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Dan's new Zeta

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Very nice looking pen Woody :thumbs:
Not going to enter the debate on whether it is a Sierra etc. I'll compare it to what is already available the quality and what price he markets it at :tongue::wink:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I'm sorry, but I thought this was Dan's equivalent of the Lucida. Where did Sierra come from? I know the Exec sierra from T/B is similar to the Lucida but Dan is marketing this an alternative to the Lucida. I'll be happy to stand corrected but this is my understanding. With that in mind the Zeta is comparable with the Lucida on price with the added bonus of not having to order from Australia. :thinks::thinks:

Because the are all based on the sierra, if it quacks like a sierra etc

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I'm sorry, but I thought this was Dan's equivalent of the Lucida. Where did Sierra come from? I know the Exec sierra from T/B is similar to the Lucida but Dan is marketing this an alternative to the Lucida. I'll be happy to stand corrected but this is my understanding. With that in mind the Zeta is comparable with the Lucida on price with the added bonus of not having to order from Australia. :thinks::thinks:

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:
You're so funny init?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well Brian that was interesting mate your right about the 9mm on the old sierra kit makes yer bloody sick dunin I'm still waiting for your reaction on the geisha pens all through making them I was thinking Brian is going to just love these LOL God bless yer mate

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
You know I love you dad and if I got sumfink to say I know I can ruin your thread to say it init.
I wanted to go on more about the people not thinking what they are saying.
Top twist, bottom twist, what a load of bollocks init?
Think about it they are all top twist but some tops are longer than others init?

Oh yeah and the Geisha's are crap too.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Woody from over here the conversation seems to generate he says you say Dan has Timberbits does her Royal Highness servants take this freight etc time to view to your pen presented for us to view. Love your pen blessed if anyone who ever got a pen from me ever said oh where did you get the kit locally or overseas they are all made overseas somewhere sources for horses.

Dan we have not met but I sense a real desire to do good things thank you.

Kin:thumbs:d regards Peter.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
I understand where you are coming from Grandad, however I think the first kit (omega) I saw was inspiring and new in the UK bulk market rather than trying to compete with an already soaked market with a "look alike" pen.

That said I believe if Dan can market them cheaper and the quality is better than others in the UK then he may have a winner.

By the way, the aero is a 9mm tube and shorter than the lucinda and old sierra.

I take it you mean 23/64. Eamonn!:nonono:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Same design Mark but slimmer by 1,5mm and shorter by 10mm the two make a good his n hers set

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
Is this like Timberbit Elegant beauties?

In the beginning was the 27/64" (10.5mm) Sierra then Dayacom introduced the smaller and prettier Elegant Beauty with 23/64" (9mm) tubes then along came the Artisan Aero, the Elegant Sierra, the Sierra Elegant Beauty, the PSI Majestic, Majestic Squire and Gatsby, the Executive Sierra and the Lucida and Australiana EB from Timberbits and no doubt some copies from Rizheng all of which are variations on the same two themes.

There may be others I have missed or forgotten. Of all of these, Dan’s Zeta, having the smaller 9mm tubes most resembles the original Dayacon Elegant Beauty which was always one of my favourite versions of this style of pen. Looks like the quality is good too so I will definitely be in the market for some of these.

Another good choice of kit Dan. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
It looks a goodun Grandad. I have yet to make mine as I have been tied up all weekend with relatives down from Newcastle !!!!:thumbs:

Well wot you waiting for now then get on with it man come on get yer bloody finger out

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
In the beginning was the 27/64" (10.5mm) Sierra then Dayacom introduced the smaller and prettier Elegant Beauty with 23/64" (9mm) tubes then along came the Artisan Aero, the Elegant Sierra, the Sierra Elegant Beauty, the PSI Majestic, Majestic Squire and Gatsby, the Executive Sierra and the Lucida and Australiana EB from Timberbits and no doubt some copies from Rizheng all of which are variations on the same two themes.

There may be others I have missed or forgotten. Of all of these, Dan’s Zeta, having the smaller 9mm tubes most resembles the original Dayacon Elegant Beauty which was always one of my favourite versions of this style of pen. Looks like the quality is good too so I will definitely be in the market for some of these.

Another good choice of kit Dan. :thumbs:

Walter, The Lucida from TB is made for them by Dayacom.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).