• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Decals - Polyester Resin - Sierra Kits

Goggomobile

Apprentice Member
First Name
Randal
Hi
This is my first post on this section.

I have learnt alot reading the posts in this section. Many thanks.

Im new to casting and have only tried Decals. I water transfer onto the barrels, seal with acrylic clear, cast in silicon moulds, and machine and polish on the lathe.

These are some of my Decals I did for the Goggomobil club in Australia.

I have a lot of problems with the resin eating or dissolving the Decals. I coat them in acrylic clear but still have issues and especially at the ends.

Randal

Attachments

• IMG_2679.jpg
    IMG_2679.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 87

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
The pens look fine from here Randal, I have the same problems with resin and stamps, some get eaten some bleed even after a couple of coats of sealer. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
It seems to me the most successful person with impeccable decals is Les in Canada. Looking at the pens you have shown here they look great to me justifying the effort made. Club members should be proud to have pens made by you.

Peter.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I seal with PVA glue.

Peter

Goggomobile

Apprentice Member
First Name
Randal
Thanks for the help everyone.

I had to laugh .... the trip to spotlight would be 2-3 days ... on my count a few cartons plus or minus a few 6 packs ....

I'd never heard of Mod Podge until now .... I'll try some

Again many thanks ....

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).