• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

DIY Pen Mandrel Saver

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
A nice little machine mate, nice to see your speed controller too if it works mate good luck I do love invention and innovation init?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I gave one to a Yank on another forum, only needed live center in the tailstock and he couldn't be bothered.
Promised it back but it never turned up, lost touch with him now spose it went on Ebay in the end.
Probably along with the other stuff he was given, waste of space init?
No names mentioned but some here will know who I am talking about.

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for sharing Rowdy, i like to see the old machines it gives us an insight of progress ... :thumbs: You don't see many of these Philadelphia fed machines anymore ... :bwink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Love the PORTASS Green lathe very solid for a tiny lathe. If you can divest it of the drill drive feature in blue :thumbs::thumbs:you could fit a beaut mini multi tool holder that would make it spin like a top.

Kind regards Peter

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Fellow
Love the PORTASS Green lathe very solid for a tiny lathe. If you can divest it of the drill drive feature in blue :thumbs::thumbs:you could fit a beaut mini multi tool holder that would make it spin like a top.

Kind regards Peter

Peter, Yes I love the little thing. Do you have any pictures of the mini multi tool holder, might be interested....:thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
You have stirred up an old interest with that little lathe wish I hadn't sold my old one now I may look out for an old cheep one latter in the new year

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I absolutely love the lathe Rowdy. It's older and more "charming" than mine but what the hell is the druill stand for?
I'm sure it must be obvious but for the life of me I just can't see it.:nooidea:

I'm very interested in your variable speed control. How did you make that up?

Now you've shown yours, I'll dig out some pics of mine and post them up as well.

Bob

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Yep... Sure do Brian.. Also kept woody busy cutting pen blanks..:

And I aint recovered yet He Phoned me up at the start of last year he wanted a solid silver pen made I told him I had to give up turning and I haven't heard from him since

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Here are the pics of my little Cowells 90ME

It's in great condition, a beautiful little lathe.

Bob

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 50
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 50
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 51

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
And I aint recovered yet He Phoned me up at the start of last year he wanted a solid silver pen made I told him I had to give up turning and I haven't heard from him since

And he was supposed to be a top class pen turner himself init?
Nuff salgging off others we ain't here for that really are we?
Nice we still all togever init?
Lovely little lathe Bob and a mention of watchmakers lathe I spose I'll have to show pics of what remains of by bits init?
Who wants to see Brian's bits LOL?

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Fellow
I absolutely love the lathe Rowdy. It's older and more "charming" than mine but what the hell is the druill stand for?
I'm sure it must be obvious but for the life of me I just can't see it.:nooidea:

I'm very interested in your variable speed control. How did you make that up?

Now you've shown yours, I'll dig out some pics of mine and post them up as well.

Bob

Its screwed down over the motor connections, just a bit of protection....

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).