• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

First Fountain Pen ....

KevinMc

Graduate Member
First Name
Kevin
Welcome comments but I am really pleased with this my first fountain pen.

Leveche ~ Gun Metal

Made using oak gained during restoration of an ancient Church....

Kevin:banana:

Attachments

• 738CE387-5A08-414F-996C-C435514A0A83.jpg
    738CE387-5A08-414F-996C-C435514A0A83.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 49171C26-8A38-4D63-ADCE-D620C9CC1DB7.jpg
    49171C26-8A38-4D63-ADCE-D620C9CC1DB7.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 54

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
That’s very nice Kevin, lovely grain and well turned, and all from a reclaimed coffin.
You took your time, nice. :thumbs::thumbs:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
[MENTION=1682]KevinMc[/MENTION]

Well done, nice job of that.

Now on to the next one and let's not have to wait so long for that eh!

Hi Kevin,
I like the oak finish and goes very well with the Leveche pen. How did you find the kit?
Always love oak wood.
Kelvin

I found the kit on Phil's web page but I dint know about Kevin.:funny::rolling:

KevinMc

Graduate Member
First Name
Kevin
Hi Kevin,
I like the oak finish and goes very well with the Leveche pen. How did you find the kit?
Always love oak wood.
Kelvin

The quality of the kit in my view is excellent .. what I found confusing coz I am not that clever... was the setting up of the bushes you need to get that right and then being very careful on putting together... I would Really advise watching the video on the page as Phil suggested.... it made it all much easier... although the main body I had to really think about which was the nib end... on to the rollerball today...:banana:

Kevin

pittswood

Fellow
First Name
Kelvin
The quality of the kit in my view is excellent .. what I found confusing coz I am not that clever... was the setting up of the bushes you need to get that right and then being very careful on putting together... I would Really advise watching the video on the page as Phil suggested.... it made it all much easier... although the main body I had to really think about which was the nib end... on to the rollerball today...

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
I would centre pop the top of your bushes, from left to right on your lathe. One centre pop on the first bush, two centre pops on your second bush etc;
You only need to put the bushes 1-4 in a line with your tubes. Simpples!
Kelvin

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).