• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Garden Bench

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
I was offered a pile of GlueLam Timber from one of my clients.
Big pile of it so me being me (never say no to free wood) I went and collected it.
Originally thought it was off cuts but turned out to be 5ft x 6ft lengths
To good for the wood burner so decided to make some Garden Benches 😁
Going to make x6 in total and they are being sold in aid of the Orchard and Wild Flower Meadow.
This one is “Naked” and will be stained and varnished.

IMG_1757.jpeg

All the rest are now cut ready for sanding and putting together.

IMG_1760.jpegIMG_1759.jpegIMG_1758.jpeg

Be glad to get back to work for a rest 🙄😂😂😂😂

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Nice little project you have going on there, never refuse free wood, even if it leads to more work! They should be good fund raisers too :claps:
Hope so Mark
Funds are very low at the moment, as the Orchard is "Self Funding" we have to depend on donations and selling bits to keep it going.
With the state of the economy and people just not having spare cash its a real struggle.
Doing things like this means we can keep the Meadow and Orchard going, if it fails then the Parish Council have it earmarked for 80+ (V-Small) houses in our little village :down:
AND they will not be social or low cost houses either for local people :noman:

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Just a quick update on the benches. 🫣
I have now made 5 with one more to go, amazingly these have ALL been stained with exactly the same stuff….

i have been told that the Glulam boards are treated slightly differently (as per customer request and environment) so they stain / look different 🤔
I have one in the workshop at the moment that has now had a coat of Diamond Hard Yacht Varnish, that going to take a while to dry due to it being a tad chilly 🥶🥶

Sold 2 already 😲 £40 each so very pleased my efforts are worth while 😇😇👍

7EA86363-48D4-41E6-8961-1CDC11553DD3.jpeg