• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Get Set!....Go!

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
New life for me this year!
Lucky to have survived 2016, I must not have been famous enough!:funny:

Any way I think we left off here.
The Atelier.

View attachment 32641

Whist I was still recovering, the very nice Geordie (George Burdon) came and put in a full days work for nothing to build the inner wall.:thumbs:

I then had to re saw and machine the trim because Ali didn't like the stuff provided.

Flooring laid.
View attachment 32642

Workshop clock.
View attachment 32643

Air vents.
The double wall has air vents. Ali didn't like the plastic ones so I scrolled a couple of monogrammed ones.

View attachment 32644
View attachment 32645

I'm officially unemployed on Friday, and officially self employed on Monday. Already have a few courses booked in February, so must get a move on!:thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I bet you can't wait to get all the kit back in and up and running. The inside looks great how long will it stay that tidy I wonder:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
I bet you can't wait to get all the kit back in and up and running. The inside looks great how long will it stay that tidy I wonder:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Always Derek!
It will only be set up for each course. Nothing will stay in the space unless it is to be used for teaching the following day!:ciggrin:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Looks great Neil, far to good for a workshop, no wonder you gave it a funny name! :thumbs:
Hope 2017 is much better for you both.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
So this is the new "Lawton School of Woodturning" then Neil.

As for the vent covers aren't you going to have to change the design on one of them soon

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
That is a very nice looking room, be perfect for when the missus kicks you out.:funny:

Never heard of an atelier before so a quick google,

'atelier

/əˈtɛlɪeɪ/

noun

noun: atelier; plural noun: ateliers

a workshop or studio, especially one used by an artist or designer.'

There is no bloody way that my shed is going to be called an atelier, a shed it is and a shed it will remain alest as long as I am alive.:fart::tongue::funny:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Grand Looking Job Neil a credit to all involved. I should imagine that your students will be well chuffed having an environment like that to work in.

Good look with your new venture and looking forward to plenty of pics of what you get up to.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
I thought you'd bloody died when I saw all the wreaths in front of the doors, but then you know what my eyes are like,:whistling:
A very nice classroom mate. Hope things go well for you both.:thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Just had a thought Neil :thinks:

That's nice enough to get hitched in :wink::ciggrin: You could save a fortune on flowers as well, could pinch all those Ali grows so beautifully, she wouldn't notice would she? :whistling:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
So this is the new "Lawton School of Woodturning" then Neil.

As for the vent covers aren't you going to have to change the design on one of them soon

Ha ha, the status may change but the names will remain the same. Ali is the last Green so will be holding onto the name.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Just had a thought Neil :thinks:

That's nice enough to get hitched in :wink::ciggrin: You could save a fortune on flowers as well, could pinch all those Ali grows so beautifully, she wouldn't notice would she? :whistling:

Just realised I didn't post it on here!

After 30 years together, Ali and I will be getting married sometime this year.
The wedding itself will be as basic as legality allows. We will then set a date for a party in the garden when the weather improves, and you are all invited.:ciggrin:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Just realised I didn't post it on here!

After 30 years together, Ali and I will be getting married sometime this year.
The wedding itself will be as basic as legality allows. We will then set a date for a party in the garden when the weather improves, and you are all invited.:ciggrin:

Do you want me to make you a wedding pen Neil mate?

Sgreen

Registered
First Name
Simon
The very best of luck on your venture.

I hope to be at York football later this month (health permitting) I am one of their first aiders. Do you go to the games?

Simon

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).