• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Gold Tempest Dressed in Marblewood

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
My first look at the Beaufort Ink "Tempest" and i'm very impressed with the kit, the parts seem heavy & well made and the kit goes easily together and makes up a pen that feels great in the hand. The supplied bushes or bushings are a great match.

The kit below in upgrade gold is dressed in marblewood and finished in melamine with light burnishing. :thinks:

This is a kit I will definitely be using a lot in the future. :thumbs::thumbs:

View attachment 32305View attachment 32306

johnny5

Registered
Billy , that is a nice looking pen sir, never heard of marble wood but it looks well figured and has a nice grain :thumbs::thumbs:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Very nice Billy. Have you ever done a cross cut marble wood?

Never tried it Terry, but now that you have mentioned it, it makes me think there must be something special about it, I am sure I have still got a bit of it left somewhere so I will have to dig it out & give it a go, watch this space

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Going well again Billy, this pen is dressed to go. Pleasing to see a click that so far clicks away happily is available to you, turns well and fits the need for so many really busy people. First class.

Peter.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Grand Looking Pen Billy. The Tempest is becoming one of my favourites. I think that the click mechanism is the absolute Dogs Bollo**s. I have been doing a click test on one over the past two days whilst watching the usual Christmas Shite on the TV apart from driving the Mrs and guests barmy I can't fault it mate. Come on Phil it's time to stop the Christmas Revelery and get some more designs out in the market to match the quality and price of the Tempest. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I came across a blank or two of this timber recently during a dig in the blanks room. It needs some character like the darker areas in yours I can imagine cross cut it would be just as spiffy Billy, thanks for stirring my memory.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).