• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Haskoson: very first kitless fountain pen made of "JUMA"

haskoson

Apprentice Member
First Name
Gerrit
This is my very first selfmade fountain pen.
It is made of a material called "JUMA" and the nib is a #5 Bock medium.
It has a single M12x0,75 cap to barrel thread.
The section to barrel thread is M9x0,75 as are the threads for the finials.

I made this fountain pen by hand on a wood lathe without any x/y-compound table or the like (how i wish i had something like this...i really wish for a metal-lathe!!)

DSCF2614_small.JPG

DSCF2612_small.jpg

DSCF2611_small.jpg

i know i have to work on designs and my photographic skills...

Comments and critics are welcome.

best regards

Gerrit / Haskoson

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's certainly very nice:thumbs:I haven't heard of Juma, what is it?

Peter

haskoson

Apprentice Member
First Name
Gerrit
Thanks to you all for your comments!

"Juma" is a resin/mineral-mix.
I like to use it for prototyping because it´s cheaper than most other materials i know (16mm diameter, ~ 3 ft., ~$20).
it can be cut like butter, but it´s best worked with carbide-tools ´cause HSS-tools get dull very quickly.
It´s available in black und ivory in different diameters as round rods and other colours in square rods.
But it can´t be polished to a very high gloss. the pen i´ve posted was sanded up to grid 12000 with MicroMesh but the material keeps this "satin"-finish.
elforyn Onlineshop
this is the online shop of the manufacturer

Gerrit / Haskoson

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).